Andrew Senior's Gallery
I am a new media artist, sculptor, photographer and computer vision researcher working in New
York. My principal media are electronic images, welded steel and
landscape art with found materials. For a description of the unifying themes in my art, informed by my research, please
read my statement, resume, and publications. The pages showing my art works are
organised by media, or you can visit the focus page for a selection of recent work, or the shows page for shows. .
Landscape, cartography, identity, biometrics,
science, religion, language, texts, interactive multimedia, artificial life, video, sculpture, photography, earthworks.
What's new March 2011
What's November 2010
What's August 2010
What's new July 2010
What's new July 2008
- The Blind Art Permanent collection (which owns my Quipu II is on show at the Royal Cornwall Museum, Truro, UK from 25th July.
- Quipu II will be hosted permanently at the Royal National College for the Blind, UK. Quipu II is featured in the Press release
What's new May 2008
What's new February 2008
- I have a solo show "Inscription" in Peekskill's WCC Extension Gallery February 26-April 5 2008, with a talk at the opening reception, 5:30-7pm Tuesday 26th February. I showed a site-specific installation "Reticulum", and have some new prints "Thesaurus: Closure (Phaestos)" and "Thesaurus: Inscription (Gortyn)". Pictures and description here
- Quipu II as part of the Blind Art Foundation collection is in "Touching Art Touching You at the Museum of Modern Art, Wales, Y Tabernacl, Machynlleth, Powys. 12-2pm Sunday 16th March 2008. See the PV invite here.
- Video documentation of a new work, "POMONA" is up on the site.
- I have a presentation (on my artificial life projects) accepted at ISEA 2008 in Singapore in July. I have yet to decide if I can attend.
- I gave a talk at dorkbot NYC (Location One, 26 Green St) on Wednesday 6th February 2008 about my artificial life projects. NPR's "The Bryant Park Project" broadcast a segment about dorkbot and my talk. (See "Press")
- My short videos Public Inanity/Private Insanity are being shown as part of the Madrid Abierto festival in Spain. The works will be visible at La Casa Encendida, Madrid from February 7th to March 2nd 2008, with a presentation on February 7th.
What's new August 2007
What's new May 2007
What's new April 2007
What's new January 2007
- Earthwords is now on the web site: "an exploration of the secret lives of texts". This is a web-based work written in processing.
- An online version of Shibboleth is now available, as is a new, web-based version of "Boustrophedonic".
What's new October 2006
What's new September 2006
What's new August 2006
What's new June 2006
What's new May 2006
What's new April 2006
What's new February 2006
What's new January 2006
What's new December 2005
- I have an installation "Original Elements" in "Winter Solstice IV" in the vault at the White Plains Exchange Gallery. 16 December 2005-25th January 2006, consisting of four new pieces: Money Cairn II (video- see image below), Cuboctahedron Tensegrity (steel & light sculpture), Aleatory Landscape (paper installation), and Money Cairn (paper sculpture).
What's new October 2005
- "Couch potato
farm" earns "Honourable mention" in Vida 8.0 Virtual Life & art
competition. The work will appear on a video distributed by the
Spanish Fondacion Telefonica.
- Video documentation of a new work, "Couch potato
farm", is in the electronica section.
- Videos are again available for the electronica works.
- I am co-chairing the ACM Multimedia 2005 Interactive Art Program that will take place in November in Singapore, and co-curating the art exhibition at the conference.
What's new November 2004
- I spoke at dorkbot a new media arts group in New York on December 1st 2004 in Location One in Soho.
What's new August 2004
What's new April 2004- Four shows on in April/May/June
- Subway Lifecycle in 55th Art of the North East at Silvermine Gallery, CT 4th May - June 11th 2004.
- I am Artist/Curator of "Outside/In" show. The Arts Exchange, White Plains, NY, 16th April - 28th May 2004. I am showing new digital prints, video, found stones and more. Including new online works The Old Croton Aqueduct Project and Vault Venture.
- The Westchester Biennial at the College of New Rochelle, New York, April 25th-June 27th 2004. Reception April 25th 2-4pm. I am showing five video works.
- Subway Lifecycle, Quipu and Grendel Gongan (new) in "STAY TUNED: Hypnotic Videos by Contemporary Artists" at
The Studio, Armonk, NY, 8th May - June 27th 2004. Reception May 8th 1-5pm.
- Tsuki-mi a new video work.
What's new December 2003
What's new September 2003
What's new May 2003
- Subway Lifecycle to appear in ExpaceProjects' video screening at the Knitting Factory, NY 29th May 2003.
- A new show at the Said Business School in Oxford. May 10-June 1 2003:
Cairn Circle, Circumambulation, Warnings of Gales and Mudra cairns.
What's new March/April 2003
What's new November 2002
What's new May 2002
What's new 2001
Newer portfolios include `Man and Rock in the Shimshal
Valley', a set of photographs showing the interaction of people
and the environment in the Shimshal valley of Pakistan; and "Thirty-six views of a cairn in the
Hudson Valley" - translation and transformation of a single cairn,
adapting to the environment.