Andrew Senior's Shows
Current and forthcoming shows:
Selected recent shows:
- Solo show "Inscription" in Peekskill's WCC Extension Gallery February 26-April 5 2008. I showed a site-specific installation "Reticulum", videos and new prints. Pictures and description here
- Videos Public Inanity/Private Insanity shown as part of the Intervenciones festival (jury prize) in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain on the 28th of September, and as part of the Madrid Abierto festival in February 2008.
- April 2007 "Couch potato
farm" in the Seleccion III Muestra Monografica de Media Art 6th Festival Internacional de la Imagen in Manizales, Colombia.
- Quipu II as part of the Blind Art Foundation collection is in Boundless 1-5th May 2006 at the Menier Chocolate factory, 51/53 Southwark Street, London, SE1 1RU.
- Quipu II took the Blind Art foundation purchase prize in London at the Blind Art "Sense and Sensuality" show in the Bankside Gallery September - October 2006.
- "Last Refuge" photographs were in the "New Impressions" show in Pleasantville library, NY.
Cairn II" (video and paper sculpture) in the "Art of
the Northeast USA", Tuesday, May 2nd- Friday, June 9 2006 at Silvermine
Artists Guild New Canaan, Connecticut, USA.
- Shibboleth in the Westchester biennial at the Castle gallery of the college of New Rochelle April 2nd-June 18th 2006.
- I had an installation "Original Elements" in "Winter
Solstice IV" in the vault of the Exchange
Gallery, White Plains, NY and was featured on the announcement. (Press Release). 16 December 2005-25 January 2006
12-5. See The
Studio's announcement page for further details about the two-site
exhibition curated by Tedd Stratis.
- New Impressions Pleasantville Library, Westchester, NY, USA August 28th-September 30th 2004
- Shibboleth In "DIGITAL BOUNDARIES: Multiculturalism, Identity, and Awareness" Columbia University's Macy Gallery (at Teacher's College) in conjunction with ACM Multimedia 2004. Wednesday,
September 29 to Friday, October 15. Reception October 12th.
- Subway Lifecycle in 55th Art of the North East at Silvermine 4th May - June 11th 2004, reception Friday May 7th 7-9pm.
- The Westchester Biennial at the College of New Rochelle, New York, April 25th-June 27th 2004. Reception Sunday April 25th 2-4pm
- Artist/Curator of "Outside/In" show. The Arts Exchange, White Plains, NY, 16th April - 28th May 2004.
- Subway Lifecycle, Quipu and Grendel Gongan (new) in "STAY TUNED: Hypnotic Videos by Contemporary Artists" at
The Studio, Armonk, NY, 8th May - June 27th 2004. Reception May 8th 1-5pm.
- Art Museums of the World in F-Stop Magazine December issue.
- Kazoku in "The Science of Art" IBM Research Art Show 18-19 Nov 2003
- Subway Lifecycle to appear in ExpaceProjects video screening at the Knitting Factory, 74 Leonard St, NYC, 29th May 2003.
- 10th-31st May 2003 at the Said Business School, Oxford, UK. 3jay Group Show (part of Oxford Art Weeks). Open 10am-6pm Mon-Fri and Saturday 10-12.
This show includes the new, site-specific installation "Cairn Circle" shown below:
as well as two new video works "Circumambulation" and "Warnings
of Gales" together with four new photographs of "mudra
- May 2002. "The Human Presence: Interpretations" show at The Arts Exchange, White Plains, NY, USA.May 31-June 12 2002
A Thousand Words (Jefferson), Hubel and Fingerprint on show.
- June 17th 2002, Scarsdale Public Library Talk on `Shamanism, Shinto and Buddhism: Travels through syncretistic Japan' to the Lower Hudson Valley Sierra Club group.
- Oxford Art Weeks May 2002 X-change gallery, Oxford, England. Tuesday 7th May to Saturday 18th May 2002. A 3Jay group show of multimedia works
- New Impressions Pleasantville Library, Westchester, NY, USA September 2001
- Talk on `A road trip on the Karakoram Highway' to the Lower Hudson Valley Sierra Club group.
- 3Jay group show 13-20th May 2000 Oxford Art Weeks
- "Even 20: STAGES by Emerging Artists" at Soha 988 Amsterdam Avenue, at 109th Street. February 4th - March 4th 2000.
- BWAC Fall Show 1999. Gibbous
- 3Jay group show in Oxford Art weeks, Christ Church college Oxford, May 1999.
- BWAC Pier show 7 May 15th-June 12th 1999
- Mixed media show, Mount Pleasant Library, Pleasantville, NY. May 9th-27th 1999
- 3Jay group show at the Electric Showroom in Abingdon, England 13-24th December 1998
- BWAC Pier show 6. May 9th - June 16th 1998
- 3Jay group show in Oxford Art weeks May 23rd-31st 1998.
Featured artist at Blue Orb Design July 1999-
Also featured at Marist College's Summer Scholars Program 2000.
Cover art for John Bishop CD: Mountain Airs November 1999.